One of the foods that are usually served during Eid or Eid al-Fitr is beef rendang. This typical Padang food is very much a fan.
The spicy and savory taste of rendang with a combination of abundant spices, makes beef rendang very suitable to be eaten with other Eid dishes, such as ketupat, chili fried liver, and papaya vegetables.
Making Padang beef rendang is actually quite easy, so you can try to make it yourself at home as a dish to celebrate victory day with your beloved family.
The following is a recipe for making Padang beef rendang as a dish on Eid Al-Fitr, quoted from the Uli's Kitchen YouTube channel:
2 kg of fresh beef cut into pieces according to taste (cut a bit thick, so that the meat is not easily crushed during the cooking process or 2 kg into 42 pieces)
How to make:
1. First, put the grated coconut into the pan on the stove and roast it until it turns brown.
2. Then, remove and cool. Then, puree the roasted grated coconut using a blender or mortar. Set aside.
3. Next, puree the onion with a blender or pulverize it using a mortar. Set aside.
4. Then, puree the garlic in a blender or grind it using a mortar. Set aside.
5. After that, grind the curly red chili which has been given a little oil in a blender. Set aside.
6. Then, cut 3 lemongrass stalks, ginger to taste, and 4 candlenuts. Puree the three ingredients in a blender with a little oil. Set aside.
7. Then, grind 1 1/2 cumin, 1 tsp pepper, 1 1/2 tsp coriander, and 4 cardamom grains in a blender. Set aside.
8. Meanwhile, heat enough vegetable oil in a large skillet. Saute the crushed red onion until wilted.
9. After that, add the garlic. Saute again and mix well.
10. Next, add the grated lemongrass, ginger, and candlenut into the onion stir fry. Stir well.
11. Then, add 2 segments of galangal that have been crushed. Stir back.
12. Then, add the mashed red chilies into the spice stir fry. Stir well.
13. After that, add 3 bay leaves, 6 kaffir lime leaves, and 1 turmeric leaf. Stir back.
14. Next, add the ground spices, 1 cinnamon stick, and 1/2 grated nutmeg. Cook until the oil releases.
15. Then, add some beef and stir it first.
16. Then, add the rest of the meat again while continuing to stir.
17. After that, add 1 liter of coconut milk. Stir back.
18. Next, add about 500 ml of coconut milk and cook until the coconut milk shrinks while continuing to stir (Caution: if the rendang is bubbling, use a longer blade).
19. Then, put back 1.5 liters of coconut milk into the rendang and mix well.
20. Then, add 3 tbsp salt and 2 tbsp mushroom stock (optional). Cook while stirring continuously until the coconut milk shrinks.
21. Next, add the mashed roasted coconut. Stir well.
22. When the coconut milk has shrunk, remove the rendang and place it on a serving plate.
23. Finally, Padang beef rendang is ready to be served.
Entering the last weeks of the month of Ramadan, usually some people start to get confused about cooking sahur food, so they prefer a practical menu that only cooks for a while.
So as not to be confused, you can try the following practical recipe for sahur sausage with oyster sauce. This menu is also suitable for boarding children because it is fast and does not require many ingredients.
The main ingredients are enough to use any sausage and oyster sauce. As a complement, just add eggs or sliced onions to enhance the aroma.
Here's a complete recipe for oyster sauce sausage for a quick and easy serving of 1 person or more.
Ingredients for making oyster sauce sausage
Consuming 'artificial' meat or those developed in the laboratory as well as insects can save carbon and water emissions, and is also good for environmental sustainability.
In research on the benefits of eating plant-based foods or "green food", scientists say the pressure on the Earth can be reduced by more than 80 percent if we eat these foods, compared to European types of food.
However, it is not certain whether consumers are interested in changing their eating habits.
These unconventional foods are being developed with the aim of providing foods rich in protein and other nutrients, but still environmentally friendly because they use less water and land.
Quoted from the BBC, scientists in Finland examined the nutrition of some of these "green" food products and measured three factors related to pressure on the environment; water use, land, and potential carbon emissions.
According to them, replacing meat, dairy, and other animal products with alternative foods can reduce pressure on the environment by more than 80 percent.
"By significantly reducing animal sources of food and replacing them with novel or future foods and plant-based protein alternatives, you can significantly reduce your environmental impact in terms of potential global warming, land and water use," explains Rachel Mazac of the University of Helsinki. .
The research, published in Nature Food, examines a new type of food that is expected in the next few years to make up a large part of the diet we eat. Many of these new foods are developed by high-tech methods such as developing artificial meat with bioreactors.
Some of the novel foods being researched included: flies and crickets, egg whites from chicken meat cells developed in the laboratory, kelp or a type of seaweed, protein powder from fungi and microbes, edible algae; and milk, meat, and berries grown from cells.
A number of studies show, plant-based foods are beneficial for health and the Earth.
The latest report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) recommends that people switch to foods rich in plant-based elements such as whole grains and vegetables, with meat and dairy products that are sustainably produced.
Sheer khurma is a vermicelli pudding from South Asia that is often served during Eid celebrations.
Sheer khurma comes from the Persian language "sheer" which means milk and "khurma" which means dates.
Basically the ingredients used to make sheer khurma are vermicelli, milk, and various nuts.
You can try making sheer khurma to serve during Eid with your family. Check out the recipe from the following Food NDTV page.
Sheer khurma recipe
How to make sheer khurma:
1. Heat the butter in a medium skillet, then sauté the almonds, raisins and pistachios. Set aside.
2. In a different pan, heat the butter then add the chopped vermicelli. Cook the vermicelli while stirring, then set aside.
3. In a different saucepan, bring the milk to a boil until it becomes thick in texture, then add the sugar and stir until the milk boils.
4. Put the vermicelli, dried fruits, dates, and turmeric in a saucepan. Stir all ingredients until well blended and boil.
5. Add cardamom and cook again until boiling.
Have a lot of palm sugar at home? Processed into palm sugar cookies, this one is butter cookies.
You can make these palm sugar butter cookies to fill Eid hampers or current selling ideas. In this palm sugar cookie recipe, you use sliced almonds and egg yolks as a spread which makes the color even more beautiful.
Check out how to make soft palm sugar cookies from the book "Happy Baking With Lina Tjoandra" (2022) by Lina Tjoandra published by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
How to make palm sugar cookies
Do you like processed chicken, especially those that can be spicy and sweet? Tired of the usual fried chicken? Well, it's just right! Because in this article, you will find the most accurate recipe for cooking chicken krengsengan!
Besides being delicious and full of flavor, krengsengan is also one of the best sahur menus that you can create. Starting from beef krengsengan to chicken krengsengan, it will surely spoil your tongue!
Well, for those of you who want to cook chicken krengsengan at home but are still confused about the recipe, let's see in full below! Guaranteed, you can easily follow this chicken krengsengan recipe at home!
Chicken Krengsengan Recipe
krengsengan chicken via cookpad
Before we proceed to how to cook chicken krengsengan, let's first prepare the ingredients below!
Chicken Krengsengan Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you must prepare to cook chicken krengsengan.
The main ingredient:
Three hundred grams of chicken thighs and boneless
Three tablespoons of oil
One large chili that you have sliced obliquely
Two tablespoons of shrimp paste (you can replace it with one piece of palm sugar if you are allergic or don't like shrimp paste)
One hundred and fifty milliliters of sweet soy sauce
Two hundred and fifty milliliters of water
How to Cook Chicken Krengsengan
Here are the steps you must follow to cook chicken krengsengan.
Recipe for breaking the fast with banana menu for takjil, delicious to eat right in the pocket
The recipe for breaking the fast on a banana menu for takjil is easy to find in Indonesia, especially before breaking the fast.
Takjil is a general term for a snack eaten shortly after breaking the fast. Usually in the form of sweet foods such as gapit bananas, banana compote and so on.
What are the recipes for breaking the fast on the banana menu for takjil? The following is a review below as quoted from various sources, Tuesday (19/4/2022).
1. Banana Gapit
10 ripe Kepok bananas
200 gr brown sugar
100 ml water
500 ml coconut milk
2 pandan leaves
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp rice flour
a. Flatten/geprek the kepok bananas but don't crush them
b. Bake in Teflon that has been smeared with margarine. Bake until all bananas are brown
c. Comb the brown sugar and tie a pandan leaf knot. Cook with coconut milk and flour. Keep stirring so that the coconut milk doesn't break.
d. When it boils can be removed and pour into the bananas that have been burned.
e.Ready to eat when breaking fast
2. Banana compote
5 bananas Jackfruit / banana Uli cut into pieces
1 coconut milk
5 small brown sugar
2 tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
2 pandan leaves
a. Heat water, add brown sugar until dissolved
b. Add sugar, pandan leaves and a little salt
c. Add bananas, lastly add coconut milk
d. Stir so that the coconut milk doesn't break, it's ready to be served
Without a stove and mixer, you can serve delicious and refreshing iftar takjil by making whipped avocado.
Avocados are simply crushed manually using a spoon, then you can immediately mix them with sweetened condensed, simple syrup, and shaved ice.
Take a look at the Foodplace-style whipped avocado recipe for the following iftar takjil later
whipped avocado recipe
2 avocado butter
Condensed sweet chocolate to taste
Thick sweet white to taste
Simple syrup to taste
Sufficient shaved ice
How to make avocado shake
1. Mash the avocado, put it in a glass. Add shaved ice, layer with the addition of avocado.
2. Pour the thick sweet white and chocolate according to taste. Stir before drinking. Serve
Fiber intake is important during fasting. One of them you can get through eggplant.
You can try the sweet grilled eggplant concoction as an option for the sahur menu. On this occasion, CNNIndonesia.com provides various recipes for grilled eggplant.
Just like tomatoes, eggplants are basically a fruit group. However, eggplant is often served as a vegetable.
Eggplant is a good source of fiber. In 100 grams of eggplant stored 3 grams of fiber in it. Fiber intake can make you feel full longer while fasting during Ramadan.
Not only sauteed or combined with balado seasoning, eggplant can also be served by burning. This method can save the use of oil in the midst of skyrocketing prices.
Sweet Grilled Eggplant Recipe
You don't have to bother burning it, just use non-stick Teflon.
This sweet grilled eggplant recipe is also quite easy. You only need to mix spices that are easily available.
Sauce or seasoning ingredients:
1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
How to make:
1. Wash and divide the eggplant in half and cut each part. Each eggplant can be divided into four pieces.
2. Bake eggplant on Teflon until it changes color.
3. Put all the sauce ingredients into the Teflon.
4. Cook until the water begins to recede and the caramel texture of the sauce appears.
5. Sprinkle scallions on top and the sweet grilled eggplant is ready to serve.
Processed eggs for daily food can indeed be created into various menus. One of them is as follows, a practical recipe for sahur, scrambled eggs, sweet and sour.
Serving menu made from eggs is quite simple, but the taste is still delicious. In addition, eggs are the easiest source of protein to meet nutrition during fasting.
Ingredients for sweet and sour scrambled eggs
Below are the main ingredients for making sweet and sour scrambled eggs that can be enjoyed for 2 people.
Im a Foodlover.