The syringe cake is one of the classic pastries that from the past until now still exists.
The main ingredient for making semprit cake is sago flour, this cake is cooked by baking it so that it produces a crunchy texture and a legit taste.
There is a sensation of melted flour when you eat a syringe cake. You can make a syringe cake at home to stock up for Eid or for sale.
Check out the recipe from the book "60 Special Cookie Recipes for Hari Raya Servings" (2019) by Veronica Dhani published by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama below.
120 grams of powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
30 grams of powdered milk
20 grams of cocoa powder
250 grams of sago flour (roasted up to 210 grams)
20 grams of cornstarch
How to make a cheese sago syringe cake:
1. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until well combined, then add the egg yolks and beat again until smooth.
2. Enter the mixture of cocoa powder, sago flour, cornstarch, and milk powder into the butter mixture. Mix the dough well using a spatula.
3. Put the dough into a plastic that is given a syringe, then print the dough to form a U or flower shape on a baking sheet that has been smeared with margarine. You can also add a sprinkling of cheese on top as a topping.
4. Bake the dough in the oven using a temperature of 150 degrees Celsius for approximately 25 minutes or until the cake is cooked.
5. Remove and let the cake come to room temperature, then store the cake in an airtight jar.