Sheer khurma is a vermicelli pudding from South Asia that is often served during Eid celebrations.
Sheer khurma comes from the Persian language "sheer" which means milk and "khurma" which means dates.
Basically the ingredients used to make sheer khurma are vermicelli, milk, and various nuts.
You can try making sheer khurma to serve during Eid with your family. Check out the recipe from the following Food NDTV page.
Sheer khurma recipe
How to make sheer khurma:
1. Heat the butter in a medium skillet, then sauté the almonds, raisins and pistachios. Set aside.
2. In a different pan, heat the butter then add the chopped vermicelli. Cook the vermicelli while stirring, then set aside.
3. In a different saucepan, bring the milk to a boil until it becomes thick in texture, then add the sugar and stir until the milk boils.
4. Put the vermicelli, dried fruits, dates, and turmeric in a saucepan. Stir all ingredients until well blended and boil.
5. Add cardamom and cook again until boiling.